Due to COVID-19, the 2020 Diamond-McNabb horse sale will now be held online.
The sale date will remain the same, June 6th, 2020, and will be hosted online in its entirety by DVAuction. We will maintain our traditional auction format with real-time bidding facilitated by professional auctioneer Ty Thompson, and Ken McNabb providing commentary as each horse is sold. Horses will sell one at a time in hip number order and will be represented by photo and video as they sell. Interested parties will be able to watch and bid through DVAuction, and live phone bidding will also be available (as in all previous years). Pre-registration is needed to participate by website or phone bidding.
We will genuinely miss seeing you all in person but we also want to respect everyone’s safety while bringing this good set of horses through our 12th annual Diamond-McNabb Ranch Horse Sale. Thank you for your continued support and interest in our sale!
To view this information in printable PDF format, please click here 2020 Online Sale Information
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT?
· Due to COVID-19, there will be no in-person or public events associated with the 2020 Diamond-McNabb Ranch Horse Sale. Instead, the sale will be facilitated entirely online through long-time sale hosts, DVAuction.
· DVAuction’s services will provide real-time coverage of the sale by livestreaming the auctioneer and commentators as the bidding is called. The sale will be free to watch and simply requires creating a free viewing account with DVAuction (see FAQ below).
· Sale ring activities will not be held in-person this year. Rather, horses will be represented on DV Auction by pre-recorded video, available to view as the bidding on that horse is called. Full videos, photographs and descriptions of the horses can be found on our website and Diamond-McNabb’s YouTube Channel.
· The Saturday morning horse preview will not be held in person. An online preview will be streamed on the internet through DVAuction.com. The online preview will begin at 9 AM Mountain Time on Saturday, June 6th. Live commentary will be streamed as the horses are shown through pre-recorded video. The event will be free to view through your (free) DVAuction account.
· All in-person events for Friday, June 5th are canceled and there are currently no virtual events scheduled. We will make an announcement if it becomes possible to host a Friday night event online.
· Cowboy church with the Diamond-McNabb crew will be livestreamed online on Sunday, June 7th beginning at 9 AM Mountain Time. Details on how to join will be announced as available.
WHAT WILL STAY THE SAME?
· Diamond-McNabb is excited to offer these quality horses! As always, we would love to talk with you prior to the sale by phone (307-645-3149) or by email (email@example.com) to hear what you are looking for and help you find the right horses.
· The sale will be held on June 6th, 2020. Sale preliminaries will begin streaming at 12:45, and the auction will begin at 1:00 Mountain Time
· As always, we will use a live-auction format with professional auctioneer Ty Thompson calling bids. You will be able to bid by phone or internet, as described in the FAQ section below.
· Horses will sell one at a time in hip number order, as seen in the catalog and on our website.
· As always, our 30-day Good-Fit Guarantee applies to every horse over the age of 3 years old (see terms and conditions, section 5 for full description).
REVISED SCHEDULE, ONLINE SALE 2020
(All times listed in Mountain Daylight Time)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
· How Does DVAuction Work? DVAuction is a professional auction service that has been hosting real-time broadcasting of sales and special events for 21 years. They have hosted Diamond-McNabb’s online bidding for over 10 years. This year we will entrust our entire sale to their online hosting services. DVAuction will livestream the auctioneer and Ken throughout the sale, and horses will be represented on their bidding site via a short, pre-recorded video.
· How Does Phone Bidding Work? Phone bidding is accommodated through a live conference call, hosted by a representative who will keep you informed of the sale ring bidding and represent your phone bids as the horses sell through the auction.
· What Do I Need to Do to Phone Bid? If you plan to bid via telephone, you will need to pre-register with us anytime before the end of the day on Friday, June 5th by calling us at 307-233-3900 or emailing accounting(at)wyodiamond(dot)com. You will be asked for your contact information and mailing address, then provided with complete yet simple instructions for sale day. Please remember that all sale events are scheduled according to Mountain Daylight Time!
· What Do I Need to Know About Payment? As always, Diamond-McNabb will accept U.S. currency via business, personal or cashier’s checks, cash, and some major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Please note that credit card payments incur a 2% surcharge. Wire transfers can be arranged through our accounting office.
· What Do I Need to Do About Horse Transportation?